Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy
Lufthansa is an ultra-low-fare carrier and the flag carrier airline of Germany. This airline secures the honor of being one of the first five founding members of the largest airlines alliance in the world i.e. Star Alliance. It covers 600 destinations including both national and international cities in 72 countries. However, experts suggest knowing the Lufthansa Cancellation Policy in detail before booking. Read out this post to understand the crucial factors one by one.
Conditions When You Need to Cancel Your Booking with Lufthansa
There would be several unpredictable reasons why you need to cancel your flights with Lufthansa. However, some of the common reasons are stated below –
- Change in Travel Plan due to Personal Health Issues.
- Change in Travel Plan due to Health Issues of a Companion.
- Change in Travel Plan due to Health Issues of a Close relative or a Close Friend.
- Change in Travel Plan due to the Sudden Demise of a close relative/friend or a co-traveler.
- Bad Weather/Natural Calamity/Terrorism-related Issues.
- Sudden Break Out of a Contagious Disease.
- Sudden Emergence of Social Riot/Carnage and Implementation of Emergency by the Government.
Any of the above situations, however, may be different, you may have to cancel your booking with Lufthansa. However, you must keep in mind that the cancellation rule, cancellation charges, and refund policies vary from situation to situation.
24-hour Cancellation Policy with Lufthansa
According to Lufthansa Cancellation Policy, you can cancel your flights completely free of cost but just for the next 24 hours from the original booking of the flights. This 24 hours of time is called a ‘Risk-Free’ time frame and allows you to cancel Lufthansa flights without any cancellation fees or any deduction. To know more about this policy or to get instant assistance you can also speak to an authorized Lufthansa executive.
For this benefit you need to keep the following 4 points in knowledge –
- The cancellation must be done within the first 24 hours of the original booking.
- The cancellation must be done a minimum of 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- If you cancel flights after 24 hours you shall be liable to pay a minimum amount of USD 200.
- 24 hours cancellation policy with Lufthansa is equally applicable for all types of classes and fares.
The 24-hour cancellation policy with Lufthansa offers you obtain 100% refund without any deduction or additional charges.
Flight Cancellation Fees with Lufthansa
Despite the 24-hour cancellation policy, you also need to keep the following cancellation policies in mind. This will help you deal with the issues competently.
- All refundable bookings would be qualified for the Lufthansa flight refund after deducting the cancellation charges. The remainder of the charge worth would have returned to the original mode of payment.
- Lufthansa flight cancellation for a non-refundable booking wouldn’t be qualified for a refund in cash.
- Once the deductible amount is deducted, the remaining airfare will change over into the ‘Travel Credit’.
- The earned ‘Travel Credit’ can be redeemed for a new Lufthansa flight booking right 12 months from the date of issuance.
- For more information and quick assistance for bookings or cancellations of a flight with Lufthansa please contact the 24/7 Lufthansa Passengers Help Center.
How to Cancel Flight Bookings with Lufthansa?
Booking or Cancelling a flight with Lufthansa is not a tedious task at all. You have three convenient options i.e. –
- The Lufthansa Official Website
- By using Lufthansa Mobile App
- By calling the Lufthansa Passenger Help Desk
However, in general, passengers prefer calling the passenger help desk department. Therefore, in any situation, there is no need not worry about how to contact Lufthansa. This is a 24/7 toll-free number that lets you speak directly with an authorized executive. Let us see how to obtain the best assistance through this method.
- Dial +1 (800) 645-3880 or +1-833-471-2708
- Now, listen carefully to the automated IVR messages.
- You have to press the right button after each option given.
- Now, your call will be transferred to a live executive.
- Then, raise your matter softly
- The executive will ask you for some necessary details
- Answer all the questions clearly and boldly
- Keep the scanned copy of all the supporting documents ready and when asked send it through Gmail
- Make the payment online.
You will get an instant confirmation message on your registered mobile number or on your Gmail Id. You can contact them round the clock without a hitch.
Traveling with Lufthansa brings a great air travel experience. Moreover, it brings you a great opportunity to fly with minimum air travel expenses. However, in case you need to cancel your flights with Lufthansa, first of all, speak to a live executive regarding Lufthansa Cancellation Policy. He/she will bring you the most favorable options. Lufthansa is a passenger-centric airline that carves for your satisfaction, comfort, and happiness first.
Read More Related Airlines Blogs:
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Air France Cancellation Policy
- Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Air Canada Cancellation Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy
- American Airlines Cancellation Policy
- JetBlue Airways Cancellation Policy
- Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- British Airways Cancellation Policy
- Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Emirates Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Sun Country Airlines Cancellation Policy