If you made a mistake with your name or entered it incorrectly while booking a flight with Southwest Airlines, there is no need to worry because you can easily change your name through Southwest Airlines. There are two simple ways to change your name, but there are some fees involved. To learn about the terms and conditions, you should read the airline policy, and you can also reach out to their customer service regarding the same at – +1-833-471-2708 /1-800-435-9792.
What is the name change policy of Southwest Airlines?
Before making any change name on a Southwest ticket, you should read the Southwest name change policy to understand the airline’s terms and conditions better. The airline’s policy on changing a passenger’s name is as follows:
- If the name is changed after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, the passenger must pay a fee.
- The passenger can only change up to three characters in their name.
- If the passenger changes their name within 24 hours of making your reservation on Southwest Airlines, there will be no penalty.
- If the passenger’s name has been legally changed, there will be no fine for changing the name.
How can you change your name on Southwest?
If you want to know about the process of Southwest name change in a ticket, there are two convenient ways to make changes to the passenger name. You can change the name on your ticket in any of the following ways:
Through the Website –
The airline website is the quickest way to change a passenger’s name. You can change your name on a Southwest ticket from any corner of the world. All you need is a stable internet connection and a mobile phone.
- Visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- From the homepage, select the “Flight” option.
- Choose “Manage Reservations” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the blanks with the “Confirmation number,” “First name,” and “Last name.”
- Select the “Change information” button.
- Change the passenger’s name (up to 3 characters).
- Please provide a valid government document to prove your identity.
- Pay the fee displayed on the screen.
- Following that, you will receive an email notifying you of your new ticket details.
Through Phone Call –
If you are unable to change the name through the website, you can do so over the phone by contacting the airline’s customer service – at +1-833-471-2708 /1-800-435-9792. Here are the steps for getting customer service by phone:
- Call Southwest Airlines’ official phone number from your mobile phone.
- Choose your preferred language.
- listen to the IVR instructions carefully and choose the one accordingly
- to select your preferred language, press – #2
- if you want to make flight reservations, press – #1
- to cancel your flight reservations, press – #9
- to make name change, press -#0
- if you want to make group reservations, press -#6
- to change flight, press – #4
- for general inquiry, press – #5
- after choosing your query,
- For selecting the Southwest Airlines name change
- To contact the executive, click the button.
- the live customer executive will join your call
- you can address your situation or query
- and a live agent will assist you in changing your name on the ticket.
How much is the Southwest name change fee?
According to the most recent information, passengers must pay the airline a name change fee of USD 150. They will charge a fee if you request a name change within 24 hours of making your reservation. You must also submit legal documents to change the name on your Southwest ticket.
If you request a name change after the grace period of 24 hours has passed, the airline will charge a fee of $200. When you change your name, the airline will reissue your flight ticket to your registered email address.
What is the procedure for changing the name on a Southwest Rapid rewards ticket?
You can change the rapid reward ticket names on Southwest by contacting customer service. After speaking with Southwest representatives, make sure to submit the following legal documents.
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce order
- Both the old government-issued photo ID
- the new government-issued photo ID.
This is all the necessary information that you need to know about the name change policy of Southwest Airlines, so if you still have any doubts or are facing any queries, then you can directly reach out to their customer service – +1-833-471-2708 /1-800-435-9792.
And if you want to gain any more information about the name change policy, then you can go to their official website – https://www.southwest.com.
Q-1: Can I change my name on Southwest through their customer service?
Yes, you can get in touch with their customer service at – +1-833-471-2708 /1-800-435-9792, and you can request them to make the name change, and they will do it for you.
Q-2: How many corrections can I make on Southwest Airlines?
If you want to make corrections on Southwest for free, then you can southwest only allow one free correction. After that, they will charge you.
Q-3 Can I change the name on a plane ticket to a different person on Southwest?
No, you cannot change your name on Southwest to a different person. You can only make corrections in the name.
Q-4 What do I do if I put in the wrong name on a flight ticket?
You can’t make the name change. All you can do is if the flight time has yet to cross the 24 hours, the only thing you can do is cancel and rebook your flight.
Q-5: can I change the name on my Southwest ticket by myself?
Yes, you can change your name by yourself on their official website.