Booking Alaska Airlines lets you enjoy the freedom of flexibility. That means you can manage your trip and everything as per your suitability. Mistakes in names on flight tickets are obvious and are usually encountered by travelers. However, the unique policy of Alaska Airlines Name Change allows you to make amendments anytime and in a hassle-free mode.
What are the Major Highlights of Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy?
You should note the following points carefully. This will help you deal with the situation diligently. The major highlights of Change Name are –
- You can make changes only up to three characters.
- This policy does not allow you to change the full name.
- You can make changes only if you use your nickname as your full name.
- In the case of using the first name as the last name and vice versa.
- If changes are necessary due to marriage or divorce.
You can easily ask about the latest amendments of Alaska Airlines Ticket Name Change from a live executive. Additionally, he/she will also provide you with absolute technical support. But, before that, understand the terms and conditions applied to this policy.
Terms and Conditions of Name Change
You must abide by the following terms and conditions to enjoy the best services of Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy. Keeping the under-mentioned points in mind will help you deal efficiently.
- If you manage to change your name within the first 24 hours of the reservation, you can abstain from paying name change fee.
- You can make necessary changes for free in case of a Legal Name Change after booking flights.
- You need to carry your marriage certificate throughout the journey if you had booked flights before marriage and couldn’t change your name.
- If you choose Name Change after 24 hours of the actual booking, you will have to pay the applicable charges to initiate the process.
You should comply with all the conditions and rules to avoid additional charges against change name service. However, if you fail to do so, you must stay informed well in advance regarding the Name Change Fee. Let us pay attention to understand it in the next section.
What is the Alaska Airlines Name Change Fee?
Here are the significant points that you must keep in mind in terms of fees payable against a name change with Alaska Airlines.
- Within 24 Hours of the booking, charges for name change is ‘NIL.’
- MVP Gold Plan members are exempt from fees against the name change.
- Customers with the Gold 75k Mileage Plan are exempt from fees against name change.
- Depending upon the fare type and other factors, the fee for a name change with Alaska Airlines can be up to 125 USD.
- By paying a transfer fee equivalent to USD 125 plus the difference in airfare, you can transfer names.
However, for prompt assistance and more updates, please contact a live human at Alaska Airlines Help Desk Center.
How to Change Name on Alaska Airlines Account?
You just need to follow the steps given below to change your name on air tickets with Alaska Airlines.
- First of all, go to the official website of Alaska, i.e., https://www.alaskaair.com/.
- Now, log into your account.
- There after, click on ‘My Trips.’
- Next, fill in the given details, like first and last name, reservation code, reason, etc.
- Now, pick the flight that you have to correct your name with.
- Here, you have to edit your name as needed.
- If required, pay the Name Change Fee online.
- And lastly, click on ‘submit.’
Within seconds, you will obtain a confirmation email on successful submission from Alaska Airlines.
At the same moment, you can do it easily by dint of the Alaska Mobile app. Interestingly, on choosing the offline mode, you will find two options, i.e.
- By visiting Alaska Airlines Counter at the Airport in person.
- By dialing the helpdesk number and speaking to an expert.
You must note that the tickets for name change/correction services must be booked only through Alaska Airlines platforms, i.e. –
- Alaska Airlines Official Website.
- Alaska Airlines Customer Care.
- Alaska Airlines Mobile App.
- Alaska Airlines Counter at the Airport.
How to Get a Person for Alaska Airlines Change Name Service?
You can also utilize your phone for Alaska airlines change name on ticket; follow the steps as indicated below.
- Begin the process by dialing 1 (800) 654-5669 or 1 (800) 538-2583.
- Now, keep listening to the IVR instructions.
- Then, press a suitable button to choose your favorite language.
- Next, a live authority from Alaska Airlines will speak to you.
- After that, express your topic regarding name change.
- Here, you have to furnish some relevant details like first and last name, flight reservation code, etc.
- At this juncture, you must reveal some personal details correctly.
- Wrap up the name change process by paying the fees (if applicable).
A confirmation message/mail from Alaska Airlines will be delivered to you shortly. However, you must keep the printout of the new air tickets for reference.
The Last Word
Alaska Airlines is a competent and popular airline known for caring for passengers in all situations. Name Change is a unique feature that permits you to make changes to your name (if misprinted). Significantly, frequent travelers and air travel experts prefer contacting the Alaska Help Center for the latest updates about Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy and immediate help.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Talk to an Expert at Alaska if I Don’t Know English?
Select a language that you speak and understand thoroughly by pressing the right button.
How do I change my name on a ticket with Alaska Airlines?
You can change your name (printed wrongly on the ticket) easily through the Alaska website. But, to avoid glitches contact an expert.
How can I get a live person in Alaska?
Dial the 24/7 help desk number 1 (800) 654-5669 or 1 (800) 538-2583 to speak to a live executive for a name change service.
Can I change my name with a non-refundable booking with Alaska Airlines?
Name Change is not allowed with non-refundable tickets. However you can make minor changes to your name.